Monday, May 9, 2011

Aaaand We're Back! Already!

And I can tell you're excited!
Emma: I'm excited!
Me: Of course you are. This blog is all about you.
Emma: As it should be. I'm well worth writing about.
Me: I agree. Now shall we get to it?

When we last left our intrepid heroine, she had babies on the brain. But there's only one problem.
Emma: Oh no! What is it?
Me: You're single! You need a man to have those babies with! Or a woman. I have that mod. And really, you're young, you should work on your career first. You still haven't taken that writing class yet. Do you want to achieve your lifetime wish?
 Emma: <sighes>Okay, okay...I'll put my career first. For now. But I'm going to go out and meet some eligible men.
And so off Emma goes to work. And nothing really happens, but I do make an improvement or two on the old homestead. See?
Emma: Ooh! Ooh! Is it walls?
An Easel!
Emma: An easel!?!? Walls! I want walls!
Me: Walls cost money. Paint me a few pictures to sell and we'll talk walls.
Emma: <sighes overdramatically> FINE.

Emma: See me painting? See? Now buy me some walls!
Me: All in good time, Emms. All in good time.
Emma: Don't call me Emms!

So Emma goes to work, goes to the library, and she finally gets around to taking that writing class.
Emma: See? I told you I'd do it.
Emma rolled a wish to write a science fiction novel. Good choice!
Emma: Thank you. I'm going to call it A Sciency Science Fiction Novel. It will be a masterpiece. If people will stop interrupting me.
Labor!
 Just when Emma settled in at the library to start her book, Tori Kimura went in to labor.
Emma: I know! And I was in the zone too! It was SO ANNOYING. And EVERYONE  was freaking out! I mean, people go in to labor every day. It's not like it's unusual.
Me: Emma, don't be modest, you were actually helpful...sort of.
Helpful much? 
Emma: She didn't want to go by herself! Her husband was nowhere to be found!
Me: I think you just wanted the positive moodlet.
Emma: Well, that part was nice. But I really was trying to help.
Me: I know, I know. And because you did such a good deed, I've got a surprise for you.
Emma: Really?!? What is it?
Walls!
Emma: Walls? Really? Umm...my bed is still outside. Why is my bed still outside?
Me: Because the bathroom is indoors. Don't you want privacy when you're using the bathroom.
Emma: Not really. It's not like I have the never nude trait. See?
Definitely not modest
Emma: Forget the bathroom walls, I want bedroom walls!
Me: Too bad, you're stuck with these.
Emma:<sighes>
Me: You sigh a lot. Are you sure you don't have the dramatic trait?
Emma: Hmph! I'm sure. And I can't believe you just said that. You're seriously rude!
Me: And you're seriously just going to have to deal with sleeping outside
Emma: <sighes even louder for dramatic effect> Fine....
Me: I mean it.
Emma: .........
Me: Oh, so now you're not speaking to me?
Emma:......
Me: Whatever. I'm moving on now.
Emma:........

Watching Tori Kimura give birth made Emma want a family even more. She is a family-oriented sim after all. So Emma set out to meet a man.
The Perfect Way to Meet That Someone Special

Umm, Emma what are you doing? I thought you set out to meet a man.
Emma: I don't have to justify my actions to you!
Me: I thought you weren't speaking to me.
Emma: Darn! Well that's just too hard. I'm just going to sit here and glare at you angrily.
Me: That still doesn't answer the question of why you're digging through a trash can.

What a catch!
Emma: See I met a man!
Me: <laughing> Oh, I see. Nice hat.
His name, and what a name it is, is Venkat Hilliard, a maid. Emma chats him up a bit. And then she ignores him and goes to bed.
Emma: Like I would reproduce with someone who wears a jester hat, a formal top, swim shorts and cowboy boots. As if. He's clearly an insane sim.
Me: You're an insane sim!
Emma: Shh....don't say that out loud. People might hear!

I decide to spend all of Emma's money to send her off on a man hunt vacation.
Emma: The men of Sunset Valley are just not good enough for me.
Me: Snobbish much?
Emma: Of course not, I didn't roll that trait.

Upon her arrival in China, she heads straight for the adventure board and takes the first adventure she sees (that's given by a man). She meets one Shen Su. But sadly, she finds him to be too o old.
Emma: He was only 20 days away from elder!
And then she meets Shen's brother Zhan. She asks all the important getting to know you questions right away.

Are you rich?

Emma: Well, I wanted to know if he had enough money to build me some walls.
Me: You're such an altruist.
Emma: A what?
After a whirlwind courtship (I was spamming romantic interactions like crazy), Emma plucks up the courage to ask Zhan that all important question.

It didn't go over so well.

But Emma, ever the desperate woman optimist, does not give up. She wears Zhan down impresses Zhan with her charm and intellect.
Portrait of Desperation

And just when Zhan can't take any more, Emma pounces proposes.

Emma: I wouldn't let him leave til he said yes. Tee hee.
Zhan rushes off to the bathroom, and Emma, ever the opportunist, waits in the house to seal the deal.
A Classy Kitchen Wedding

Emma: I'm MARRIED! Now will you build me some walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment