Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Will there be walls in chapter? Maybe!

Emmaa: <sings> I'm married, I'm married, I'm married!
Indeed she is, and the happy couple spend their wedding night--
Sleeping! How sexy!
Emma: Both of our plumbobs were red! I was really tired! It takes a lot of effort to convince a man to marry you the day you meet him. We got down to business first thing in the morning.
Me: Yes, yes you did.
Emma: I told you not to show anyone those pictures! They're private!
Me: You really think so? Look again, Emms.
Oblivious much?
Emma: WHO IS THAT IN OUR ROOM?!!!!????
Me: Don't act so affronted. You two laid in bed naked while they took pictures! (Seriously. They did!) There was no way you could have not seen them.
Emma: I am a modest flower...
Me: You, who in the last chapter, proudly proclaimed that you didn't need bathroom walls?
Emma: I am a complex and layered person!

Now that she was married, Emma had absolutely no need to stay in China any longer so she and Zhan made their way back to Sunset Valley where they found something new waiting for them on the lot.
Emma: WALLS! THERE ARE WALLS! WALLS!!!! THE BED IS INSIDE!!!
Me: Well, Zhan brought 2000 simoleons with him. And speaking of Zhan Book is good, brave, charismatic, athletic, and he has a good sense of humor.

Emma was so excited about the walls that she welcomed Zhan to Sunset Valley in the best possible manner
With Woohoo!

Afterwards, Emma decided she was hungry, but she forgot a little something. Not that Zhan appears to mind.
Definitely not modest
Zhan: I can get used to this!
Zhan rolled a wish to get a job in the music industry, and since the Books are desperate for money (because I spent it all on the house) I sent Zhan right on over to theater to get a job. Yay simoleons!

Meantime, back at the ranch
It ain't food poisoning!
 In the sim world, you know what this means! There's a little sim on the way!
Emma: At last! There will be a little ME running around in the world!
Me: It could be a boy you know.
Emma: So? Oooooh, I can't wait to tell Zhan! He's going to be SO excited!
Or in shock

Yep.  That's a shocked look.

And we're waiting....

Emma: Um, Zhan?
Zhan:..........
Emma: Honey?
Zhan:.........
But Zhan comes around eventually.
Zhan: I'm faking this.

Actually, Emma and Zhan are not terribly excited. Despite her protestations to the contrary, Emma doesn't even go on maternity leave and neither one of them rolls any maternity related wants.
Emma: Well, I never! Of course I'm excited about the baby!
Me: Then why didn't you roll any wants? Why did you go to work?
Emma: It's a glitch! I blame the game!
She's probably right, but I'm certainly not going to tell her that. It's too much fun to rib her. 
Emma: What? Are you talking about me behind my back?
Me: <whistling innocently>Nooooo. Of course not! I would never do that!
Emma: Ummm. Yes, yes you would.

It was weird, Emma never got her maternity leave. Monday rolled around and off Emma goes to work. And she is looking SHARP
Classy!

Emma: I am THREE DAYS pregnant! Nothing else fits! 
(For my FB friends that read this, if there are any, Sim pregnancies are three days long. Emma is actually not being over dramatic. This time)
But Emma isn't at work for long before she goes into labor.
Strangers are so caring and helpful!
Yep. Emma is outside Doo Peas screaming her head off and people are just walking by and ignoring her. 
Emma: The nerve! I'm too important to be ignored. And where was Zhan?
Sleeping! 

Emma: Sleeping? He was SLEEPING? While I'm giving birth to HIS CHILD?
Me: It's your child too!
Emma: Semantics!
Me: And it's not like you called Zhan and told him you were in labor.
Emma: It shouldn't matter! He should just know that his beloved wife is in labor!
Me: Because Zhan is psychic?
Emma: Ummmm.....
Me: Ha! I got the last word!

It's a girl!
And her name is Jo Book! She loves--
Emma: Wait a minute! You named her Joe? That's a boy's name! My daughter is clearly a girl! See the pink blanket? 
Me: Gender normative much?
Emma: Yes!
Me: Fine, be that way. But I named her after Jo March in Louisa May Alcott's novel Little Women. I LOVE that book! It was the first text I taught in my American literature class this semester, and--
Emma: Yeah, yeah, it's a great book. Let's get back to me!
Me: or Jo? She was just born after all.
Emma: Fine. Jo can have the spotlight. For now.
Me: Oh, yeah, you're going to be a great parent. I can already tell. Anyway, Jo is an outdoor loving slob.
Emma: A slob!?! Oh dear plumbob! Are you kidding me?
Me: Would I lie to you Emma?
Emma: Yes.
Me: Well, yeah, I would. But I'm not this time. Promise.

So Emma and Jo make their way back to the old homestead
Emma: Old? I just bought it like two weeks ago?
 It's black! Well it seemed black at the time. It looks kind of blue now.
Emma: What in Sunset Valley have you done to the house?
Me: I recolored it! Jo is the first born of Generation Black!
Emma: Black! I thought you said this was a rainbow legacy. Where's the rainbow? I want color!
Me: Black comes after gray! That's the rules!
Emma: When do we get to the color?
Me: Well after the black generation, comes white, and then yellow-
Emma: Well, you've got to make me immortal. Yellow is the third generation! I need color!
Me: Yeah, not gonna happen. 
Emma: <whines> Mariah let Coke Chimeree live forever, why won't you let me?
Me: Mainly because I'm too lazy to gather all of the ingredients for ambrosia.
Emma: Seriously? Because you're lazy?
Me: Yep. Pretty much. But you'll live forever in this legacy. Not everyone gets to be a founder. And I made you special in CAS. I gave you my favorite hair color, a hair color which every eligilble heir must have. I spent ages picking out your clothes and traits.
Emma: You mean you actually PICKED my insane trait?
Me: Yeah, I thought it would be fun. Now do you mind if I show these nice people the rest of the house?
Emma: I'm angry with you right now for so many reasons.
Me: Okay! :)

 The Book House in all its glorious glory
Here's the kitchenette area:

Emma: Why are there kawaii frogs on my refrigerator?
Me: Because I really love this pattern!
Emma: Well, the frog is wearing pink. So at least there's some color in my house. 

Emma: Wait a minute. Is the bathroom right next to the kitchen?
Me: Yeah, I didn't move anything. It's been like that since you got back from China. And you're still alive and Zhan hasn't gotten sick.
Emma: Me! I got sick! You've got a picture of me throwing up and everything.
Me: You were pregnant! Just about every pregnant sim has morning sickness. You really are dramatic, Emms!
Emma: Don't call me Emms! How many times do I have to tell you?
Me: As many times as you want, Emms.

Anyway, moving on with the tour now. I've created a nice little nook for Jo. She's got an awesome black crib and the Count to keep her company.

Count von Count: I give Jo a positive moodlet!

Right after Emma and Jo get home from the hospital, Jo gets down to business
Reading!
Though to be fair, I'd probably want to read too.
Emma: See? I'm not being lazy!
Me: But I don't have any kids! I really don't know what I'm talking about here! And don't most parents want to spend time with their new baby?
Emma: No! Not fair! Show them the next picture. NOW!
Autonomous snuggling!
It's true. There was autonomous snuggling.
Emma: See! I AM a good mother.
Me: Yeah, you snuggled him one time. Then you were all eager to get back in to your favorite outfit
Star Trek ftw!

I send Emma back to Jo's crib because her social bar was getting low.
Emma: I was going to go over there.
Me: <cough>eventually<cough>
And I get the cutest baby picture EVER!
Look at her little arm! Jo is hugging her mommy! I can't stand how cute this is!
Emma: She is pretty cute isn't she?
Me: Yeah. I have to admit you and Zhan make beautiful babies. At least I think you do. We'll know for sure in a couple of days when Jo ages up.

Zhan comes home and meets little Jo and snuggles her, blah, blah, blah. It's all pretty boring so I didn't take any pictures.
Emma: Boring! Zhan loves our daughter! And could anything to do with me and my perfect child be boring? But at least you didn't take any pictures of Zhan and me celebrating the birth of Jo. 
Me: I decided to let you and Zhan have your moment.
Emma: For once. But I really woke up on the wrong side of the bed. See?
The wrong side of the bed is the toilet?

Emma: Oh, come on! I'm not feeling well! I ran right outside after this and threw up!
Me: You ran outside when you were right next to the toilet?
A run for the border

Really? You couldn't just turn around? The toilet was right there.
Turning around is just too hard.

Emma: Come on, give me a break. I really don't feel good. I must have eaten something bad. It was probably that autumn salad Zahn made. 
Me: I don't think it was the autumn salad, Emma
Baby!

Emma: Oh, I'm pregnant! Yay! I rolled a wish for a baby right after Jo was born. Yay!

Tune in next time! Emma encounters a toxic waste spill and turns into an ape!
The first symptom

Emma: A toxic waste spill?!? I thought those kinds of things didn't happen in Sunset Valley! I don't want to be an ape!
Me: You really are gullible aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment