Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to the Book Legacy

Hi there ya'll! I'm Emchic and this is my very first Sim blog, the Book Legacy. As you can see by my profile, I'm working on a PhD in English so it made sense that my first legacy blog would be book related. I also really really love color, so this will be a rainbow legacy too. And really, I can't imagine anything more awesome than a colorful legacy of bookworms (with literary names, of course).

So anyway, let's get down to business. Meet Emma Book, our first heroine and founder of this super awesome legacy. Say hello, Emma.
Emma: Hi there!
Emma is a an insane, brave, artistic, family-oriented bookworm. And she has nifty hair!
Emma: I quite agree! I DO have nifty hair! And I'm a snappy dresser too. Show them my outfit Emchic.
Me: Your wish is my command.
Emma: See, my sash matches my hair! But really Emchic, did you have to go with all of the gray? I like color too you know.
Me: Remember, you're the founder of this color-filled legacy, and the color of generation zero is gray.
Emma: Really? You should start with something brighter, like turquoise or hot pink.
Me: Well Emms, can I call you Emms?
Emma: No.
Me: Too bad, I'm calling you Emms. Emms, I'm following the rules here. If you'd get online and read Mariah's awesome Chim-Chimeree Legacy (seriously one of my favorite sim blogs) then you'd see there's some precedent for this.
Emma: WELL, I guess if there's precedence for this, I'll live with the gray. And you DID give a non-gray athletic outfit.
Me: I did. Because I've got to respect our love of Star Trek.
Emma: It's true. Now show these nice readers my athletic outfit.
Me: Fine, fine. I'm on it.
Emma: Teehee, I'm a redshirt! I will wear this outfit constantly!
Me: Well, you are an insane sim after all. You don't really care if you're wearing your formal wear in the pool, or your everyday clothes to bed
Emma: Shh...you're not supposed to say such things!
Me: Emms, this is a sim blog, we're going to lay it all out on the line here. The readers are going to see everything about you there is to see.
Emma: <sighs> FINE. Let's just get this legacy started.
Me: Alright, alright, here we go!
This is Emma in her very first day in Sunset Valley, and she's already got books on the brain.
Emma: Of course I do, I love to read. And write! I'm going to be an illustrious author you know.
Me: I do. It's only appropriate for the founder of a literary legacy.

Emma: Um, Emchic. Where's the rest of my house?
Me: This is it! You didn't have much left after I bought your lot.
Emma: Couldn't you just have bought a smaller lot?
Me: Nope. Legacy rules stipulate that this is the lot that must be bought.
Emma: :p
Me: Hey, I DID give you that awesomely colorful bed.
Emma: Awesomely cheap you mean.

Emma: See me here trying to blind myself from looking at my horrible living space?
Me: You're not fooling anyone. We all know this is just you being insane.
Emma: <sighes>
Me: And you did get a job right after this. So you'll have money for a house soon enough.

Emma: I put on my formal wear. I dress to impress.
Me: No you don't. You just wear whatever you want, whenever you want. I have proof:

This is Emma getting out of bed in the morning--in her everyday wear
Emma: <SIGHES>
Moving on now....After changing into her formal wear, Emma takes off to Doo Peas Corporate Tower and obtains a job as a paper girl. And then she promptly calls her boss, one Jared Frio, to suck up. Three times. I kid you not. (And she did this autonomously)
And then, since Emma is a giant book nerd, I sent her off to the library to fulfill her wish of reading a book. I do try and keep my sims happy after all.
Emma: Um, yeah, about that. You're not really doing a good job.
Me: You're like one day old! How would you know?
Emma: I KNOW, Emchic. I know.
ANYWAYS, after the library Emma heads out into town and who does she meet? My simself of course!

Emma: Why can't I have an outfit like yours?
Me: Haven't I already said this is a rainbow legacy? And that gray is the founding generation's color?
Emma: FINE. <pouts>
Me: And besides, you got to meet ME. I'm awesome.
Emma: If you say so.
Me: I do. And if you'll look at this picture, you'll see that we're getting along well.
Emma: What the readers really want to see is this picture of you acting all crazy.
Me: I'm not crazy, I'm childish. That's totally different.
Emma: Sure it is.
After meeting me (surely the highlight of Emma's day), Emma heads home and goes to bed early. She needs to be fresh for her first day of work.
She's dreaming of a real house.
The next morning, Emma wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to conquer the day.
She looks so thrilled
 Emma: Bright-eyed and bushy tailed my ass. I had to sleep OUTSIDE. ALL NIGHT.
Me: Are you sure you're not dramatic? I'm kind of thinking that you are.
Emma: Hmph!
The carpool arrives promptly at 7am and at 7:45, Emma finally makes her way to work.
Emma: It takes time to look beautiful!
Me: You were eating! Not primping.
After work, Emma was none too happy with me.
Emma: OUTSIDE. You're making me sleep OUTSIDE.
Me: It's only temporary.
Emma: Build. Me. Some. Walls. Now!
Me: You'll just have to wait. You have like 15 simoleons. You can't afford walls.
Build me some walls! Now!
Moving on now, Emma....
So Emma goes to work, goes to the library, but she can't manage to make her way to a writing class.
Emma: It's not like I have 400 simoleons to throw around.
Me: Excuses, excuses.
Emma: Do you want me to starve?
Me: You're not starving. And Sunset Valley has loads of free food.
Emma: Fine, fine. I'll take a writing class.
She promises, but writing isn't Emma's main concern. She really only has one thing on her mind:
Babies!

And we'll close there for now.
Next time: Emma has man troubles
Emma: Man troubles! I don't believe you! I am one super hot lady. How could men not be attracted to moi?
Me: Because you're insane
Yep. Crossed eyes and jazz hands=Insane
See you next time! Thanks for reading (if there are in fact any readers)

No comments:

Post a Comment