Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's Jo! Bloom! Aurora! And exclamation points!

Emma: Where on earth have you been?
Me: Shockingly, I've been productive. You're reading the blog of a gal that has an APPROVED dissertation topic!
Emma: A dissertation that absolutely no one will read?
Me: Way to pat a girl on the back Emms. I love my topic! And my committee will read my dissertation. And maybe a couple of my friends. So that's at least four or five people.
Emma: Like I (or anyone else for that matter) cares about modernist literature. Let's talk about ME.
Me: Have you looked at the chapter title Emms? This is a chapter about Jo, Bloom, and Aurora.
Emma: Who cares about them?
Me: I do! Jo is totally fabulous!

Jo: I am AWESOME. Even when my eyes are crossed for no apparent reason.
Jo thinks about herself ALL THE TIME. She has quite a high opinion of herself.
Jo: And why shouldn't I? I totally pull off the cross eyed look.
Emma: Jo, you are not heir yet! You're not allowed to talk on this blog!
Jo: I can do whatever I want Mom.
Me: And being the overlord of this blog, I get to say who talks, not you Emms.
Emma: <huffs> My opinion just doesn't matter!
Me: No, not really.
And as a teen Jo has two interests: Michael Bachelor, and Ethan Bunch.

Jo: <giggles> Oh Ethan........

Unfortunately, despite Jo's best efforts, Ethan Bunch begins a relationship with Bebe Hart. Jo, however is unperturbed. She quickly moves on to Michael Bachelor, who is apparently some sort of junior police officer.

Michael: How could you not adore me? I'm a star!
Jo quickly asks Ethan that all important question:

Jo: Michael, are you single? I hope you're single! You're so dreamy!

Unfortunately, Michael is dating River McIrish. But Jo will not be stopped in her quest for Michael. She heads to a party to check out her competition.

Jo: Yeah, I could totally take her down in a fight. 
Fortunately she doesn't have to take River down as Jo has absolutely no problem convincing Michael to break up with River. So she moves in for the kill.

Jo: <sighes> Oh Michael.....
But Michael proves hard for Jo to ensnare. But she never gives up hope on Michael.

Bloom on the other hand, is, well, he's a goody two shoes. He spends all of his time doing homework.

Bloom: Laundry is a metaphor for homework!
Even the news of his new sibling won't distract Bloom from getting his homework done.

Emma: Bloom, I want to tell you that I'm pregnant.
Bloom: Later, mom.

When he's not doing homework, Bloom is autonomously skilling.

Bloom: Your chess is garbage.
Bloom: The stick figures are representative of the angst of the human spirit.

Yeah, Bloom is a touch on the boring side. In his free time, he goes into town and reads. It's riveting stuff.

nt
Bloom: <reads>
Emma Hatch: I'm married! And pregnant!
Yeah, total strangers are way more interesting than Bloom.

Emma: You're not painting my children in a very favorable light here.
Me: I thought you didn't care about them. At least that's what you said at the beginning of the blog.
Emma: I 'do care! And my Jo is not a desperate boy crazy teenager. And Bloom is not a bore!
Me: Pictures don't lie!
Emma: Yes they do! Clearly you're photo shopping all this!
Me: Nope, I don't have photo shop.
Emma: You exasperate me Emchic.
Me: Right back at ya, Emms.
Emma: You better not paint my darling adorable Aurora this way!
Me: Well, Aurora is super adorable, and absolutely everyone in the house loves her.
Emma: As they should!
Me: But as we'll see, our little Aurora has an agenda.

Aurora: Yep! I'm adorable! 
She inherited Emma's pink eyes! If she had inherited Emma's purple hair, she totally would have been heir. No question. And Zhan has clearly fallen victim to the serious cuteness that is Aurora.

Zhan: Oh no! I'm being absorbed by Aurora's adorable cuteness! Help meeeeeee!
Aurora: All will bow to my will or pay!
After absorbing Zhan, Aurora sets her sights on Emma.

Aurora: You're next Mommy!

Aurora: Even dead faced Jo cannot resist my charms! Mwahaha!!!
Aurora: You're next readers! Bow to me!

Next time: Will Aurora bend us all to her will with her adorable cuteness? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment