Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Succumb to the Inevitable Cuteness of Sim Toddlers One More Time

Welcome back to the Book Legacy. I know you missed me.
Emma: You? No, they missed me.
Perhaps our readers really missed my scintillating storytelling.
Emma: <snorts> Doubtful.
And really, I think the other sims in the neighborhood are really more interested in Zhan than you.

Maid: Zhan! Yes!
Zhan: ...
Emma: Nope that's an anomaly. It's all about me! Although my Zhanie is a mighty sexy man.
Emma certainly seems to like him. They've been going at it like crazy lately.
Emma: You're not going to show that! That's private!
Nothing is private in a Sim's world, Emms.

Emma and Zhan: Oh yeah......
Aaaaand since Emma and Zhan can't be bothered to use any sort of protection (and because sim toddlers ARE SO DARN ADORABLE) the inevitable happens.

The sink breaks?
Just kidding! Well, yes, with a cheap sink breakage is inevitable, but I was thinking inevitability more on these lines.

Nausea
Yes, our Emma is pregnant once more. And in a desperate effort to appear young, she chooses some really interestingly "youthful" maternity wear.

Emma: Yep. I've still got it. 
Emma: <huffs> I don't have to appear young. I AM young.
Not really, Emms. You're not too far off from elder. In fact, I had to take away a few days from your age after you gave birth to give Bloom the chance to paint your portrait.
Emma: You know you don't want me to age up! Just go ahead and give me some ambrosia.
I told you Emms, it's not going to happen.
So Emma decides to torture me (and our readers) by wearing the craziest maternity clothes in my collection of Sim maternity clothes.

Emma: This is my athletic wear!
And unfortunately, Emma's fashion sense seems to be catching on among Sunset Valley's other pregnant sims.
Emma: I am a fashion trendsetter! Because I am awesome!

Horsefaced lady: Some crazy woman with purple hair paid me 50 simoleons to wear this.
Soon enough, Emma goes into labor
Emma: <breathing heavily>OH....IT HURTS! WHY DID I WANT TO HAVE A THIRD CHILD AGAIN?

Bloom: OMG! OMG! OMG! Freaking out now!

And eventually Bloom gets bored with all the freaking out and goes to bed. But fortunately Emma doesn't have to be alone for long because Zhan rushes home to be by her side. And freak out.

Zhan: What? We're having another one?
Zhan: Freaking out!
Emma: This hurts, but disco balls are awesome!
It's a girl! And Emma and Zhan are visibly thrilled with the new baby.

We. are. so. excited.
Her name is Aurora, named for the protagonists in Elizabeth Barret Browning's poem-novel Aurora Leigh and Mary Elizabeth Braddon's awesome sensation novel, Aurora Floyd.
Emma: At last! One of my children has a gender appropriate name!
Seriously, Emms what is it with you and the gender normativeness?
Emma: She's a girl! She should look have a girly sounding name!
Clearly, Emma and I are never going to agree on this issue. Which is fine with me since I'm the overlord of this universe. And I do quite like the name Aurora. It just rolls off the tongue. Aurora.
Little Aurora is a loner and something else. Really at this point it doesn't matter, she's a baby. But the Books really loves the new addition to their family. Jo even autonomously feeds Aurora!

Jo: I'm only doing this for facetime.
Little Aurora's baby days fly by, and because they're boring I didn't really take too many pictures. But when she ages up, she is so stinkin' adorable!

SOOOOOOO cute! 
And with that, I'll close off this chapter.
Emma: What? It's so short!
Real life calls, Emms.
Emma: Fine......
Next time: Facetime for Jo and Bloom!
Emma: What, no facetime for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment